Motivation is a word that refers to motive, which means any aim in life that needs to be accomplished. Without motivation, life becomes dull and monotonous. Therefore, motivation is one of the essential feelings that a person should live for. It helps in attaining our pre-established goals and assists us in getting closure to our life.
There are numerous reasons and elements that decide our brain’s decision making capability and learning capacity. Some of the factors affecting our motivational aspects of life are as follows:
- Foods we eat: Experts say, “Sound mind lives in a sound body,” and vice versa. It is known to be one of the best motivational quotations of all time. If we do not eat accordingly, we can get prone to numerous diseases. Hence, our meals decide our ability to think and decide. Some foods are high in dopamine, a hormone responsible for the alertness of mind and feeling of motivation. If we eat more foods rich in dopamine, such as dairy products and foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, then we will naturally feel motivated for a more prolonged period.
- Set your goal: When you do not have any pre-determined aims in life, it keeps hampering your reasons to live your life with full zeal and zest. Hence, it is quite essential to set your aims high and keep following your steps towards that set goal. A life without a goal is a life with no meaning. A goal can be physical, emotional, and financial, etc. a person is advised to set the goals in tiny formats so that it will be easier for him to reach the final destination.
- Make a blueprint: It is quite necessary to plan your goal and make a bigger scenario of that goal in front of your eyes. To prepare a blueprint of your set goal is essential to make it work. To set a format to your objectives is one of the primary steps that most of us forget to make.
- Relationships: Relations and friendships play an important role in keeping you in the feeling of motivation all the time. If you are surrounded by negative and de-motivated people, then it will become extremely difficult for you to think motivated and perform motivated. Hence, every person is advised to be in contact with positive and inspired people to attain their objectives earlier. They will help you in feeling motivated either by telling you their failure stories or by telling you their success stories. Both of which will help you in getting closer to your aim.
- Set incentives: It is a great way to set steps towards your goal by dividing your big aim into several small aims. And get yourself a treat or gift when a tiny goal is achieved beautifully. The incentives of gifts will not only tempt you but also helps you in feeling provoked to accomplish more small steps.
- Read quotations: This point is followed by numerous people who wish to fulfill their desired goals soon. Reading motivational books and quotations will help your brain in releasing more dopamine resulting in more feelings of motivation in your mind and body. One of the most loved quotations among the top 10 motivational quotes is, “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
- Reward yourself: After achieving small goals, it is suggested to people to give yourself a nice treat by rewarding yourself with a good habit or promise to yourself to ditch a bad habit, etc. there are various ways to reward yourself such as going on a date with yourself, treating you with your favorite food, and many other factors.
- Opportunities: You do not know where life will take you to. Hence, it is required not to skip the upcoming opportunities in your life. A person should go for whatever comes in his way, with practically thinking about its pros and cons. When any call comes to you for a new job, think logically regarding the positive and negative consequences of selecting or rejecting that job.
- Set boundaries: It is pretty important o set limits to your goals, and quite necessary to not forget your ethics and moral values while following your objectives.