A heat press machine is not only easy to use but they are really useful in helping us print on different items. From t-shirts to coffee mugs, heat press machine can easily help you get the perfect print if you are able to use it properly. So, in today’s blog we are going to talk about how you should be using a press machine. Meanwhile, make sure to read our reviews for the best heat press machines of the year 2020.
What To Consider When Using The Machine?
Before you use the heat press machine, there are some important considerations which you need to make. Take a look at them –
- Amount of heat – the amount of heat you are applying should be of the optimal range at all times. Do not be afraid of increasing the temperature by some margins but make sure that the heat is never too less. Less heat will not allow the print to stick to the object properly. It is absolutely imperative to apply heat equally throughout the surface. Read the instructions, carefully regarding the temperature you need to maintain while printing on different objects.
- Selecting the fabric – you need to select the right fabric before putting it inside the heat press machine. Not all fabric are heat resistant and that is why you need to ensure that the fabric you are using is resilient to high temperatures. Spandex, Cotton, Nylon, Polyester and Lycra are the best fabrics which can be used for imprinting designs using the heat press. These fabric also prevents the formation of wrinkles when heat is applied.
Using The Heat Press Machine The Right Way
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the heat press machine in the correct manner. Follow the steps properly and master the skill –
- First, you need to turn on the power button after you have connected the machine to the power outlet.
- Now, use the up and down options in order to adjust the time and temperature of the heat press. Bring it to the level you want it to be used and set it.
- Take the material which you want to get pressed and then place it carefully on the bottom plate of the heat press machine. Prepare the material for heating and warm it up before the final execution.
- Hold the handle and bring it down. Then allow the machine to rest on it for 6-8 seconds and then pull up the handle. You can also set the timer on the machine if it comes with such a feature for accuracy.
- After that, open the machine and bring the material out and you need to prepare for the final results. Put the material once again inside the machine with the face down and put down the transfer paper.
- Bring down the machine handle gently and lock it into the perfect place. Set the timer once again or keep track of it using a stopwatch if you don’t have an alarm.
- As the alarm beeps, open the machine and take out the final product. Place it in a safe corner and let it rest for atleast 24 hours for allowing the print to set.
So, these are the simple steps you need to follow in order to use the heat press machine properly. Make sure to follow all steps carefully because any one mistake and your print will be damaged.
Crucial Tips When You Are Using Heat Press
Here are some important tips you need to keep in mind when you are using a heat press –
- Be sure of the fact that your heat press is placed on a very solid surface.
- Make sure to plug the cord to the power outlet or else it won’t work.
- Keep the heat press machine out of reach of children at all timed.
- You can install a fan in order to keep the room cool and ensure there is proper ventilation in the respective room.
- Install the heat machine in such a place that you can use it from any angle.
Did you read the article till this point? Well, then you are now aware of how you can use a heat press machine and some more information.